While we strive to provide the best experience possible, occasionally things don't go to plan.
If we have not met your expectations please let us know by contacting us through one of the methods listed below.
Generally our knowledgeable staff will be able to resolve your concerns at the first point of contact. Should this not be possible, your concerns will be escalated for further investigation.
How to make a complaint
The easiest way to express your concerns, and fastest way to receive an outcome is by calling us. Our Customer Services is open seven days a week and our helpful and knowledgeable team will strive to fix your complaint straight away. Should your concerns need to be escalated they will do this for you as well.
Please call us on 0800 102 106 between the following hours:
Sunday & Monday: 8:30am - 8:00pm
Tuesday - Friday: 8:30am - 10:00pm
Saturday: 7:30am - 10:00pm
Much like via telephone our Customer Service team will strive to resolve your concerns as soon as possible, or escalate them if necessary.
Please email us at [email protected]
You can also contact us in writing. Please be aware that it will take a couple of days for your letter to reach us and for our reply to get back to you, however we will still ensure that we respond to your concerns promptly. Please make sure you let us know how best to contact you with a response, for example, by including a return address or phone number.
You can write to us at the following address:
NZ Racing Board
PO Box 38899
Wellington Mail Centre
LOWER HUTT 5045
What we will do for you
Your feedback is important to us. If you make a complaint we will commit to the following for you:
- We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within two working days of receiving it
- We will resolve your complaint within four working days. Should this not be possible we will keep in touch to ensure that you are fully informed along the way
- We will treat your complaint confidentially
- We will take your concerns seriously and strive to come to an outcome which is fair and reasonable
What we need from you
To enable us to resolve your complaint, it is vital that you provide us with as much detail as possible. Please have the following ready when you contact us:
- TAB account number (if applicable)
- Phone number
- Preferred method of contact - Phone/Email/Letter
Your bet details (if applicable):
- The event you bet on - Meeting and race number, or the names of the teams in a sporting event, as well as the option number
- How you placed your bet - was it placed on your TAB account or at a TAB store? If you placed the bet in a store please also provide us with the 16 digit serial number listed below the barcode. See below example.
If your complaint is service related:
- Where did the incident occur? Which TAB store did you visit or phone number you called?
- Do you know who you spoke with?
- Date and time of the incident
Whatever your complaint, please remember to provide as much information as you can.