Place6 requires the selection of the dividend bearing place getters of the last six races of a nominated meeting.
• There is one dividend for Place6. If you have several winning combinations you can win the dividend several times.
• Calculating winnings: The dividend is the amount in the dividend pool divided by the number of winning combinations (units). Your collect is the dividend multiplied by how many winning combinations you have, multiplied by the % amount bet.
If Tom takes a Place6 for 25% and has three winning combinations then he will collect 75% of the dividend.
Divdend pool: $20,000
Winning units: 20
Collect: .75 x 1,000 = $750
• If your runner is scratched, it is replaced with the favourite. For more details see betting rules regarding substitutes.
• Should Place6 not be won by anyone or only partially won, jackpotting money will be used in bonus pools in the same way as it is for a Quaddie.
• Place6 Percentage betting is available. For Place6, the full unit bet is $1 and the minimum Percentage bet is $5.00.
• For races with eight or more starters there are three place dividends. For races with five to seven starters there are two place dividends. If less than five starters, there will be no Place pool. In this case, all runners in that race will be deemed winners for Place6
Place6 will operate on the last six races of every New Zealand meeting and selected overseas feature meetings.
How much will it cost?
One runner per leg gives you one combination and costs $1**. For more chances to win choose more than one runner per leg - see examples in the table below. Percentage betting is available on Place6 allowing you to cover several runners without it costing a lot.
|Amount||Selection Example||Combinations||Place6 Min Div|
|$2||1 runner five legs,
2 runners one leg
|$4||1 runner four legs,
2 runners two legs
|$5||1 runner three legs,
2 runners three legs
|$10||2 runners per leg
|$20||2 runners five legs,
3 runners one leg
** The minimum for any bet through Phonebet is $10 and for Touch Tone is $2
Bet the easy way
If you can't decide, an Easybet is a simple and easy way to be part of the action. Get your Place6 Easybet by selecting Easybet online at tab.co.nz or by asking the TAB operator for an ‘Easybet’. The TAB computer will select your runners weighted towards the favourites.
Place6 Easybet combination costs
A $4 Place6 Easybet gets you two runners in two legs and one runner in each of the other four legs.
An $8 Place6 Easybet gets you two runners in three legs and one runner in three legs.
A $16 Place6 Easybet gets you two runners in four legs and one runner in two legs.
A $32 Place6 Easybet gets you two runners in five legs and one runner in one leg.
You can get an Easybet for any value between $1 and $500, except for $3.
What is Percentage betting?
Percentage betting allows you all the excitement of a big bet without the big outlay. You can decide how much you want to spend on a bet that involves a number of combinations. You state the total amount that you wish to spend and the computer spreads this across your combinations. You bet a percentage of the normal cost and get a percentage of the dividend in return. With Percentage betting you can bet any amount you like over $5.00 (provided the minimum bet unit is 5%).
Place6 Will Pay dividends
You are able to view the 'Will Pay' dividends for any Place6 prior to the running of the last leg. Place6 Will Pay dividends are available on tab.co.nz via the last leg's bet slip.
The Place6 Will Pay dividend is the minimum dividend possible, providing there isn't a dead-heat for a dividend bearing placing in the last leg. This dividend is calculated by teaming your runner up with the two runners that hold the most live units on them.
What are Will Pay dividends? Will Pay dividends are used to help determine what your payout might be for a multi-leg bet type such as a Place6 . . . find out more
Want to do some study?
You can get FREE comprehensive racing form and tips for all New Zealand race meetings by clicking on the 'Racing Form' link in the Racing menu on the home page of the tab.co.nz website or by clicking on the Racing form link found on the horizontal green bar in the Racing section. For everything you need to know about our FREE Racing form guides, click here